PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT STATEMENT
Sree Narayana Mission (Singapore) (“SNM”) respects your legal rights to personal data protection when collecting, using, transferring, storing, accessing and correcting of personal data. It is our policy to comply with the requirements of the Singapore Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). In doing so we will ensure our staff comply with the standards of security and confidentiality in line with industry standards.
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act which will take effect from 2 July 2014, your data may be used by us for:
- Updating / processing your request, payments, registration & subscriptions etc.
- Providing your loved ones with benefits of subsidised residential, day care and medical care.
- Providing you with information about our services by us/ our affiliated Homes and Multi-Services and /or our partners through our various communication and outreach activities.
- Retaining your information / particulars into our donors and or volunteers registry.
In the different aspects of work that we do, we will require your information to better serve our beneficiaries as well as donors.
We collect personal information about our donors, volunteers, beneficiaries, supporters, residents and day care beneficiaries, care-givers, members, employees, contractors and visitors to our Events through:
- Face to face contact
- Through social media messages or conversation
- Through electronic means via our website and online surveys
- During phone calls
- Voice or image recordings
- Whilst delivering and administering services at our facilities
- Via Forms or other correspondence (either/ or both in writing and electronically)
In this regard, we may disclose your personal data to public agencies (e.g. Ministry of Health, Agency for Integrated Care or IRAS for submission of tax deductions etc.) when reasonably necessary, and on a need-to-know basis. We will require these parties to protect personal data they may receive from us in a manner consistent with this Policy. We do not allow them to use your personal data for any other purposes.
Under the PDPA you have the right to access and /or correct your personal data. You may also wish to contact our Data Protection Officers by using any channel prescribed below:
At any point in time you may withdraw your consent for us using and disclosing your Personal data to another organisation. Please let us know either at the time when we collect your information or later. We will cease to use the personal data of our members /residents / for any publicity or marketing, unless consent had been provided. If you do not wish to receive any direct communication or corporate communications calls or materials, you may contact the Data Protection Officers for any messages by using the channels prescribed below:
- Kim Yap
Tel: 67521785 (extn. 39)
We will aim to respond to you within 7 working days of receiving your request. In order to effectively address your feedback, we may request further information from you about your feedback and the reasons behind it.