Assistant Director of Nursing
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) assists the DON to direct, organise, co-ordinate and evaluate administrative, training and managerial activities within the Department of Nursing Services.
- Plans, coordinates, evaluates and enforce nursing care services and infection control practices in the clinical area.
- Coordinate residential care activities in collaboration with the Nurse Managers and nursing team and be actively involved in direct resident care.
- Supervises and provides clinical guidance to the healthcare team and identify and present resident care issues for professional trans- and multi-disciplinary discussions at clinical conferences and other platforms.
- Conduct daily nursing rounds to identify clinical and service issues with the aim of addressing and closing gaps in care.
- Communicate and collaborate with intra– and inter-departmental staff, residents and relatives.
- Possess a wide array of knowledge of current and established professional nursing concepts, principles, and pract Understand and utilize continuous quality improvement skills to develop high nursing standards.
- Participates in continuous quality nursing improvement initiatives, conducts in-services training/education programs, and attend department and committee meetings as assigned.
- Evaluate the nursing team’s performance and guide them in the delivery of safe and quality care.
- To participate actively in SNMNH and nursing committees.
- Assists the DON in all duties and deputies in his/her absence as needed.
- Degree in health-related subject or equivalent
- Post-basic certificate / Advanced Diploma in a Nursing
- At least two years of nursing experience in a similar position in a medium or large–sized Nursing Home; or at least 10 years of nursing experience as a Senior Nurse Manager in an acute, community hospital or nursing home. Preference will be given to candidates with Nursing Home experience.
- Registered Nurse with current SNB Registration
- Valid BCLS + AED license.
- Minimum basic certificate in Infection Control Prevention and Control.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current issues in nursing and Nursing Home care.
- Good understanding of principles and practices to deliver reliable and safe
- Proven project management skills, with evidence of delivering large scale proj
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing change in large complex environments.