Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure a high standard of clinical care and undertake comprehensive assessments of residents and clients and to formulate effective, clinically reasoned treatment plans.
- Demonstrate highly developed therapeutic handling skills requiring dexterity, co ordination and palpation skills for accurate assessment, treatment and handling of residents and clients.
- Assess effectively, set appropriate goals, implement appropriate treatment plans, execute safe therapy, re-assess timely and modify treatment when necessary for individuals requiring physiotherapy.
- Design, develop, implement, and evaluate the exercise regime of residents and perform a wide variety of clinical assessments and procedures to detect, manage and meet resident’s physical, mental and psychosocial needs.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Clinical Governance and Risk Management and apply it to the work environment.
- Always comply with departmental operational policies and Health and Safety Policies of the Home to ensure the wellbeing of himself/herself, residents, clients, visitors and other staff.
- Maintain a professional portfolio for continuing professional development, recording learning outcomes through participation in internal and external development
- Provide leadership and direction in his/her capacity to all therapy staff.
- Works with the DON in activities related to the smooth running of the Rehab department and maintenance of standard of care.
- Degree or Diploma in Physiotherapy from an accredited institution and licensed to practice in Singapore.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in working in a Hospital / Community Hospital / Rehabilitation Centres/ Nursing Home
- Fully registered Physiotherapist with Allied Health Profession Council (AHPC).
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills