Therapy Assistant, Senior Care Centre (Woodlands/Bedok)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support and assist Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist and Programme Executive in executing rehabilitative services, programmes and activities to clients of Sree Narayana Mission Senior Care Centre
- Assist preparation of Rehabilitation Room by following prescribed procedures and protocols, including tidying therapy areas, and assisting in cleaning of equipment.
- Prepare clients for treatment activities by assisting residents into therapy apparels, and escorting residents to and from the ward and Rehabilitation Room.
- Assist the therapist in implementing rehabilitation programmes and therapy. This includes setting up / supervising / assisting clients in the performance of therapeutic activities.
- Educate clients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Perform basic data entry and retrieval of data when required.
- Carry out treatment and procedures prescribed for clients according to the standards of practice and guidelines.
- Practises proper decontamination procedures and infection control measures.
- Participate as a member of the health team by attending relevant ward rounds, meetings, team conferences, and be involved in the discussion of resident-related issues with caregivers and family members.
- Candidate must possess at least HMI Certificate / ‘O’ Level or equivalent.
- At least 1 Year(s) of working experience in the related field in a Senior Care Centre.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office – Ms Word & Ms Excel.
- Team player with good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.